- Bachelor of Laws (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Bachelor of Business (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Advanced Diploma of Asia-Pacific Marketing (Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE)
- Member, Law Society of NSW
- Admitted Solicitor, Supreme Court of NSW and High Court of Australia
- NSW Law Society Accredited Specialist, Family Law
Helen is a highly experienced family lawyer and an Accredited Specialist in Family Law who is dedicated to helping her clients resolve their family law matters. Helen is keenly aware that most people who seek Family Law advice from her are experiencing an extremely difficult period in their lives. She possesses a committed approach to securing the best possible outcome for all clients as expeditiously as possible. Helen’s strong communication and interpersonal skills also ensure that the best needs of her clients are met.
Helen has practiced exclusively in the area of Family Law since 2008. Prior to joining Doolan Callaghan Family Lawyers, Helen worked for Doolan Wagner and Callaghan Family Lawyers for a number of years and also for a mid-sized law firm in the Sydney CBD in the areas of Family Law, Workers Compensation and Personal Injury Law. Helen assisted clients of these firms in complex Family Law and Personal Injury matters in the Family and Federal Magistrates Courts (and later the Federal Circuit Court) and also the Local, District and Supreme Courts of New South Wales.
Helen possesses a broad background of experience and can provide clients with sound advice in various matters including but not limited to:-
- Property settlements including real property, companies, trusts and superannuation;
- Parenting matters including who children should live, communicate and spend time with, disputes regarding travel, relocation and paternity issues, Hague Convention applications, domestic violence, substance abuse by parents and mental health issues of parents and/or children;
- Divorce applications;
- Child Support matters.
Where family law clients may have already reached an agreement prior to meeting with Helen or where Helen has negotiated an agreement on their behalf, she is higly experienced in drafting documents to formalise the agreement that has been reached including Application for Consent Orders and Consent Orders to be filed in the Federal Circuit Court and/or Family Court and Binding Child Support Agreements to be lodged with Child Support Agency.
Helen also regularly appears before the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court in respect of divorce, property, parenting and Child Support matters, in cases where court proceedings become necessary. She is across all the appropriate Rules and processes of these Courts.
Helen and her family live on the Northern Beaches.