- Master of Laws(Dispute Resolution)(University of Technology, Sydney)
- Juris Doctor (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Bachelor of Social Work (University of New South Wales)
- Collaboratively Trained Lawyer
- Member, Law Society of NSW
- Admitted Solicitor, Supreme Court of NSW and High Court of Australia
- Member, Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc.
Margie has a practical, empathic and determined approach in helping clients achieve the best possible outcome for them and their family. This includes assisting clients with property settlements, parenting arrangements, child support issues, de facto matters and relocation disputes. Wherever possible, Margie tries to resolve issues without the intervention of the Court. If required however, she is a dedicated and confident lawyer who can successfully represent her client’s best interests in the Courtroom.
Combined with her social science background, Margie is sensitively able to help vulnerable clients who may be experiencing domestic violence or where there are complex mental health and/or drug and alcohol issues. Margie has a keen interest in parenting matters and the detrimental effects of conflict including its ongoing impact on children. She is determined to uphold the best interests of the child.
Margie also has experience with complex financial matters and is resolute to ensure property settlements are finalised in the most cost effective manner for her clients. She takes care to produce the required documents that accurately reflect the parties’ agreement once reached and has wide experience drafting documents including Consent Orders, Binding Child Support Agreements and Divorce Applications.
Margie is experienced in all areas of family law, including:
- Parenting Issues
- Property Settlements
- Divorce and Separation
- Dispute resolution and mediation
- De facto relationships
- Same sex relationships
- Matters involving family violence
- Court representation
- Child Support
- Spousal Maintenance
- Collaborative Law
Margie grew up and still lives with her family on the Northern Beaches